Arrow All latest news articles

21 Jun

CAS Service Update

Resumption of in-person conciliation conferences Conciliation and Arbitration Services will continue the staged return of in-person hearings from 12 July 2021 to include conciliation conferences. Fina... Read More »

09 Jun

Seeking general practitioners for work-related mental health trial

Are you a doctor who sees patients with depression, anxiety or stress that has arisen as a result of work? WorkCover WA have joined Monash University as a research partner in supporting the implementa... Read More »

04 Jun

New WorkCover WA Board member

WorkCover WA is pleased to welcome Mr Richard Sellers to its Board, following his appointment as Director General of the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety on 31 May 2021. Mr Sellers ... Read More »


Workplace Rehabilitation Providers Principles & Standards of Practice

WorkCover WA’s Workplace Rehabilitation Providers Principles and Standards of Practice (Principles and Standards) provide a cohesive set of service expectations to ensure workplace rehabilitation providers (WRPs) deliver high quality services to support a successful return to work. The Principles and Standards apply to all approved WRPs from 1 July 2021. Guests will be joined...Read More »
July 29 @ 7:15 am - 9:30 am View Event »

22 Jun

WorkCover WA’s Workplace Rehabilitation Providers Principles and Standards of Practice (Principles and Standards) will be released on 1 July 2021. Register your attendance at the official launch event on 29 July 2021, Fraser’s Restaurant, Kings Park. ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook

18 Jun

The #piefconference is only 4 weeks away! If you're interested in hearing about best practice in workers' compensation and other insurance sectors, we encourage you to attend. Find out more at ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook

17 Jun

Q: How much should I be charging for a medical service that does not have a WorkCover WA fee?A: If a medical service does not have an applicable WorkCover WA fee, then you will need to discuss the payment of the service fee with the workers’ compensation insurer. As a general rule, the fee shown in the Australian Medical Association’s (AMA) List of Medical Services and Fees is usually acceptable to the insurers in most instances.Please remember to include the service code and a clear description of the service provided on your invoice to the workers’ compensation insurer.If you or your medical practice would like further assistance, please call our Advice and Assistance Line on 1300 794 744. ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook

9 Jun

Monash University is interested in hearing from general practitioners who care for patients suffering from work-related stress, anxiety and depression through a new Partnership trial.More information: ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook

4 Jun

Q: Do I need to maintain an injured workers’ employment while they can’t work?A: Unless it is not reasonably practicable to return the worker to their pre-injury employment or find them alternative work, you must maintain an injured worker’s employment for 12 months from the day the worker becomes entitled to receive weekly payments of compensation. If you wish to dismiss a worker of receiving compensation, there are a few steps you must take. Click the link below to learn more about claims ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook

WorkCover WA events

Find out about upcoming events including webinars and training.

Conversation Series

A series of videos exploring key messages of the Insurer and Self-insurer Principles and Standards.

Brokers training program

Learn more about the scheme through our online learning program for brokers.

Annual Report 2019/20

Learn more about WorkCover WA, our priorities and activities during the past financial year.

Site last updated: 23 June 2021 at 4:23 pm