This section outlines the organisational and leadership structures with our Agency.Organisational chart
The Corporate Executive consists of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Finance Officer, the General Managers of each division, and the Registrar.
Conciliation and Arbitration Services (CAS)
The Conciliation and Arbitration Services Division is responsible for resolving disputes in the WA scheme. The Division includes the:
- Workers’ Compensation Conciliation Service where the objective is assisting parties to resolve their disputes by agreement
- Workers’ Compensation Arbitration Service where disputes unresolved by conciliation are determined according to their substantial merits, with as little formality and technicality as possible
The Division also processes settlements and common law related extensions and elections.
Regulatory Services Division
The Regulatory Services Division contributes to the integrity of the WA scheme by:
- education and assisting stakeholders and service providers
- ensuring only accredited service providers operate in the WA scheme
- establishing and monitoring performance standards for the service providers
- conducting compliance activities where breaches of statutory obligations are suspected and detected/
Scheme and Corporate Services
The Scheme and Corporate Services Division maintains scheme viability and effectiveness through:
- collection, quality assurance, analysis and reporting of data provided by insurers and self-insurers to assist in setting recommended premium rates and informing effective scheme management
- robust, evidence-based policy and legislation development.
The Division has a strategic focus on activities to assist the Board and government to effectively manage the scheme.
The Division also provides business services to ensure human, financial, technological, informational and physical resources are available to support WorkCover WA’s operations.