This section outlines the organisational and leadership structures with our Agency.Organisational chart
The Corporate Executive consists of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Finance Officer, the General Managers of each division, and the Registrar.
Conciliation and Arbitration Services (CAS)
CAS is responsible for the resolution of disputes in the WA workers’ compensation and injury management scheme via conciliation (leads to final and appropriate agreements between parties in relation to disputes) and arbitration (enables disputes unresolved by conciliation to be determined according to their substantial merits with as little formality and technicality as possible).
Regulatory Services Division
Regulatory Services ensures parties operating within the workers’ compensation and injury management scheme are complying with their statutory and regulated obligations. This is achieved by:
- educating and informing stakeholders
- providing advice and assistance
- monitoring scheme participants’ compliance with the Act and other standards
- delivering communications and education to staff and stakeholders.
Legislation and Scheme Information Division
Legislation and Scheme Information (LSI) has a strategic focus that assists the Board and Government to effectively manage the workers’ compensation system.
LSI maintains scheme viability and effectiveness through:
- policy and legislation development
- research and evaluation of scheme performance
- collection, quality assurance and analysis of data from approved insurers and self-insurers to assist compliance activities and set premium rates.
Corporate Resources Division
Corporate Resources ensures staff, financial, technical, information and physical resources are available to support the Agency’s operations and delivery of services.