WorkCover WA is not an insurer, but rather a regulatory body that generally receives summary details of workers’ compensation claims from the insurers and self-insurers approved to operate under the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981. As such, WorkCover WA does not generally have records such as copies of medical certificates, medical reports from doctors, surveillance reports and/or detailed claim payment information.
WorkCover WA provides the following pathways to obtain access to information.
For further assistance with how to lodge a request for access to information please contact WorkCover WA on 08 9388 5555 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Freedom of Information
The Western Australian Freedom of Information Act 1992 (FOI Act) creates a general right of access to documents held by the Agency.
It is the aim of WorkCover WA to make information available promptly, for the least possible cost, and wherever possible documents will be provided outside the Freedom of Information process.
The WorkCover WA FOI Information Statement will inform you of the FOI process undertaken by WorkCover WA.
The information statement includes information on the receipt of applications, fees and charges, rights of review and types of documents that WorkCover WA may hold.
If you are experiencing technical issues with the application form, please email us at FOI@workcover.wa.gov.au.
The period for us to provide you with a response is at the latest 21 days.
All requests for the insurance status of an employer must include:
- A written request to WorkCover WA setting out the details the applicant requires.
- The application must provide sufficient details for WorkCover WA to adequately search its records.
- The applicant should list every entity WorkCover WA is requested to search its records for. The following information should be included when possible:
- Employers full name;
- Former company name/s and trading name/s;
- Start and end dates of worker employment; and
- Industry and location of relevant employer.
Court requests can be emailed directly to email@example.com
Please address all court requests to:
Chief Executive Officer
2 Bedbrook Place
Shenton Park WA 6008