Many common questions are answered on our Frequently Asked Questions page. The information below will direct you to further helpful resources.

Advice on workers' compensation and injury management

Advice and Assistance

WorkCover WA’s Advice and Assistance is a dedicated team committed to providing guidance and assistance to all parties in relation to their rights and obligations under the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981.

To contact the team

Phone 1300 794 744 (toll free) or call (08) 9388 5555.

For the hearing impaired only

Call the text telephone TTY line on (08) 9388 5537.

Free publications

Publications for injured workers are available online in PDF format or provided free of charge for reasonable use in hard copy.

External advice or support
The following external links may be of assistance:

Counselling and health

  • Phone Lifeline on 13 11 14 for emergency counselling services.
  • Phone the WorkSafe Help Centre on 1300 307 877 for inquiries about occupational safety and health issues.
  • For support with depression and anxiety phone beyondblue on 1300 224 636 or visit
  • For young people aged 12-25 dealing with mental health, work & study, physical health and alcohol & other drugs services, phone Headspace.

Union support

  • See the Unions WA website for information and contacts. If you are a member of a union, they can often provide other support services to you when you have been injured.

Payments and benefits

  • See the Centrelink website or phone 13 27 14 for information on how your Centrelink payments or benefits may be affected by a workers’ compensation claim or settlement.
  • Phone the Australian Taxation Office on 13 28 61 for:
    • issues that may affect your personal taxation
    • enquiries about superannuation while you’re receiving workers’ compensation entitlements.
  • Phone the Fair Work Ombudsman on 13 13 94 or Wageline on 1300 655 266 for information about leave entitlements, or wage rates and award conditions, while you’re receiving workers’ compensation payments.
  • Phone the Fair Work Commission on 1300 799 675 or WorkSafe on 1300 307 877 for information and assistance regarding workplace bullying.

Legal practitioners and Registered Agents

  • Details of legal practitioners practicing in the workers’ compensation and injury management scheme can be obtained through the Law Society of WA on 9324 8600.
  • Access the list of registered agents approved and regulated by WorkCover WA.
  • The Employment Law Centre of WA (Inc) is an independent, not-for-profit community legal centre specialising in employment law and providing free legal advice on employment matters.

Bereavement support