Safe Work Month
October is Safe Work Month and WorkCover WA is encouraging all workplaces to consider the health benefits of an early and safe return to work for injured employees.
Did you know research indicates that the longer an employee remains away from work, the less likely they are to return?*
To help employers better understand their obligations and the benefits of injury management, WorkCover WA has prepared a free slide pack and presenter notes to help generate discussion in their workplace. The presentation is designed to run for 10 minutes and is suitable for:
- Injury Management Coordinators
- OSH Managers and OSH Officers
- HR Managers and HR Officers
- Managers and Supervisors
- Safety and Health Representatives and OSH Committees
- Anyone else at the workplace with responsibility for workplace safety, claims and injury management.
If you require further information please contact WorkCover WA’s Advice and Assistance line on
1300 794 744 or visit www.workcover.wa.gov.au.
For further information on National Safe Work Month visit Safe Work Australia.
* Source: Johnson D, Fry T. Factors Affecting Return to Work after Injury: A study for the Victorian WorkCover Authority. Melbourne: Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research; 2002.