In May 2017, WorkCover WA launched four short animated educational videos focused on educating scheme participants about injury management and return to work processes, including a video specific to case conferences.
Case conferences are an important step in supporting a worker to stay at or return to work.
The video can be viewed here, and explains how to organise and utilise case conferences to discuss a worker’s recovery and their capacity to work, as well as develop a ‘Return to Work Program’.
A successful case conference will:
- be well planned
- define the issues to be discussed
- outline roles and responsibilities of everyone involved
- encourage active participation and collaboration
- discuss strategies to assist the worker returning to work, and
- set timeframes to monitor and review the worker’s recovery and return to work.
This video is supported by WorkCover WA’s Case Conferences Fact Sheet which includes a case conference template to help plan and run a case conference, and prepare a Return to Work Program.
If you are interested in watching the other videos in the suite, including ‘Making a claim’, ‘Return to work’ and
‘Return to work: employer guide’ please click here.