Safe Work Month – ‘Staying focused on workplace health and safety’.
While it’s important to acknowledge and reflect on the wide-reaching impacts of COVID-19 on Australian businesses, employers and workers, WorkSafe and WorkCover WA wish to remind the Western Australian community, that the health and safety of Western Australian workplaces remains a priority, even during these unique times.
WorkSafe has created a program of virtual events for October featuring on-demand presentations by experts from the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety as well as live-stream question and answer sessions with industry experts covering:
- Aged care: Planning ahead – infection control
- Asbestos removal
- Factors that influence workplace behaviours
- Human factors and ergonomics principles
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Preventing client and service related occupational violence and aggression
- Working safely away from the office
- Work Health and Safety legislation update
- WorkSafe WA investigations
- Dangerous goods and mines safety from the Minister for Mines and Petroleum; Industrial Relations.
Safety and health representatives, managers, supervisors, safety professionals and workers in all industry sectors are encouraged to register at www.wa.gov.au/government/safe-work-month.