Regional Compliance Education
WorkCover WA inspectors will be visiting Esperance on 29 September 2022 to conduct compliance checks and provide education regarding workers’ compensation.
The aim of the visits and inspections will be to encourage and assist employers to comply with their duty to hold a current workers’ compensation policy. Inspectors will be visiting workplaces and checking for valid workers’ compensation Certificates of Currency.
Businesses who engage workers are reminded:
- you must have cover if you have any workers, including family members, who are paid to work in your business
- contractors and sub-contractors with their own ABN can also be ‘workers’ and may need to be covered by your insurance policy
- workers’ compensation insurance does not automatically renew each year
- you need to follow up with insurers and brokers to obtain an insurer issued Certificate of Currency
- public liability insurance is not the same as workers’ compensation insurance.
To find out more about workers’ compensation in WA, information is available via the WorkCover WA website or by contacting our Advice and Assistance line on 1300 794 744.