WorkCover WA is promoting beyondblue and the Heads Up initiative to raise awareness about the importance of mentally healthy workplaces.
Heads Up provides individuals and businesses with free tools to help people:
- develop an action plan to create a mentally health workplace
- take care of their own mental health
- get tips on having a conversation with someone they are concerned about.
To make your workplace mentally healthy, WorkCover WA encourages you to take the first step by creating a customised Mental Health Action Plan for your business using Heads Up resources.
The Mental Health Action Plan provides employers with tools to:
- increase awareness and reduce stigma in relation to mental health conditions
- support individuals with mental health conditions
- reduce risks to mental health in the workplace.
Employers are also encouraged to increase awareness and support of mental health considerations during the return to work process.