Amendment to Conciliation Rules regarding email lodgement
The Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Conciliation Rules 2011 were amended on 1 July 2015. One of the amendments introduced a new rule (Rule 28 A) to allow Conciliation Service dispute related documentation to be lodged via email.
Full details of Rule 28 A are outlined on the recent legislative amendments page of the WorkCover WA website.
This rule permits documents to be lodged via email@example.com. This is the only email address approved for this purpose.
There are a number of conditions to meet when lodging documents by email. Documents not complying with the below conditions will be returned to the sender and considered to have not been lodged.
Conditions of lodgement by email
- An email which includes documents lodged under this rule must:
- state the sender’s name, postal address and email address; and
- state a telephone number through which the sender can be contacted; and
- list and describe the documents being lodged by email.
- Any documents lodged must relate to a current Conciliation Service dispute. Documents relating to disputes before the Arbitration Service cannot be lodged by email.
- Documents relating to memorandum of agreements and section 92(f) deeds cannot be lodged via email.
- The subject line must include the conciliation case reference number.
- Documents are to be submitted at least 7 days prior to a scheduled conference.
- Documents submitted by email must be in pdf, tif, jpeg or png format and be less than 5MB.
There has been no change to Rule 7(2) which requires documents submitted in accordance with the Rules to be copied and sent out to other parties to the dispute.