Advisory Service
Information, assistance,

P: 1300 794 744 (toll free)
or (08) 9388 5555

Click here for more information and the TTY number for the hearing impaired
Stay Connected
Follow us on Twitter for important updates. For more details view our Twitter statement.
04 Jul 2014 - On 1 July 2014, WorkCover WA’s new certificates of capacity replaced the First, Progress and Final medical certificates. Medical practitioners and practice managers can obtain the new certificates through their software provider or download them directly from the WorkCover WA gpsupport website. Read more...
26 Jun 2014 - The Hon Michael Mischin MLC, Attorney General; Minister for Commerce, has tabled in Parliament WorkCover WA’s Review of the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981: Final Report. Read more...
20 Jun 2014 - The previous decisions database now includes District Court appeal decisions of determinations from the Workers’ Compensation Arbitration Service. Read more...


1) How do I become an approved workplace rehabilitation provider?
Section 156 of the Workers' Compensation and Injury Management Act, 1981 authorises WorkCover WA to approve a person or persons capable of providing vocational rehabilitation services, set conditions of approval, or revoke an approval if conditions or performance criteria established by the WorkCover WA, have not been met.

Further information is contained in the application package for approved workplace rehabilitation providers.

2) When can I appeal a decision?
A determination of an arbitrator on findings of fact and law are binding upon the parties, but can be appealed to the District Court of Western Australia in certain circumstances. For more information, see the Appeals page under the Conciliation & Arbitration section.

3) How do I find an audiometric provider?
Only testers approved by WorkCover WA can conduct the tests as the testing environment and equipment must also meet stringent standards. For more information and a list of providers, see the Audiometric Officers page.

4) I am a legal practioner - can you tell me how the the fee structure works? 

See the Costs Report information on the Legal Practitioners or Registered Agents pages.

Printer Friendly